Friday, November 24, 2006

Social courage in its purest form

Boston University's College Republicans are attempting to institute a "Caucasian Achievement and Recognition Scholarship". Their reason for this is not to encourage white supremacy. It's not to give white kids an unfair advantage. It's to protest and draw more public attention to the ethnic preference trends in education and business. There are countless scholarships whose only qualification for application is the color of one's skin. But not a single one accepts white students. There are countless scholarships for people of "alternate sexual lifestyles", but not a single one for normal heterosexual kids. There are even scholarships for the children of illegal aliens! There are a number of Christian scholarships, but most only apply to actual Christian universities. And those scholarships (and universities) are under attack.

When I went to college, I didn't qualify for any scholarships. I got a few standard government grants, and the rest was paid for with private loans and out of pocket. Mostly my parent's pockets, God bless them. My younger sister pointed out to me the fact that if I was a young unmarried black lesbian Muslim woman with a criminal record, who had three illegitimate children, was hooked on drugs and had been sexually abused as a child, I would qualify for enough scholarship money to put myself through college TWICE!

This brave attempt to shed light on the anti-white, anti-Christian, anti-heterosexual inequality that is promoted and protected by the political left is going to encounter fierce opposition, and most likely the scholarship will never be formed. But hopefully its core mission of revealing racism in compassion's clothing will be successful. These brave people are putting their careers and academic futures on the line to do what they know is right, and I pray that none of them are made to suffer for it.

No comments: